The National Association of Women in Construction Orange County Chapter #91 maintains a room at the Women’s Transitional Living Center Inc. WTLC is a non-profit, community based organization of women and men committed to seeking solutions to end domestic violence and human trafficking. Services are available to all regardless of race, gender, religion, age or national origin. WTLC was founded in 1976 to meet the need for shelter services in Orange County for survivors of domestic violence. It is the oldest domestic violence program in Orange County, and the 3rd oldest in the nation. WTLC provides Shelter, Supportive Services and Community Education & Advocacy, touching the lives of thousands of domestic violence survivors and their families.
Tuesday, October 24, 2017
NAWIC Orange County has a long history of providing WTLC with support. Three years ago we added a FOOD DRIVE to our efforts, helping to stock the pantry in advance of the Holiday season. Sadly, the Holidays are often a busy time of year for shelters, and WTLC is greatly appreciative of our help. We ask that you please bring canned or boxed non-perishable food items and personal care items to the October meeting for donation to WTLC.
Suggested items include:
– Canned tuna, chicken or salmon
– Peanut butter
– Jams, jellies, fruit spreads
– Meals in a can (soup, stew, chili)
– Low-sodium canned vegetables
– Canned fruit in its own juice or water
– Olive or canola oil
– Vinegars (white, apple cider, red wine)
– Worcestershire, BBQ, Hot Sauces
– Spices & salt-free seasoning blends
– Canned foods with pop-top lids
– Low-sugar whole grain cereals
– Instant oatmeal, grits
– Shelf-stabilized milk (evaporated, coconut, almond, soy, hemp milks)
– Healthy snacks (granola bars, nuts, dried fruit)
– Dried beans, rice, quinoa, couscous
– Mac ‘n cheese
– Instant vegetable sides (mashed potatoes, Knorr pastas)
– Spaghetti noodles and sauce
– Condiments (ketchup, mustard, relish)
– Salad dressing
Please avoid items packed in glass. No candy or sugar-sweetened drinks.
Bulk items can be difficult to store, smaller packaging is appreciated.
EXPIRED ITEMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Please check expiration dates on all donations.
Personal care items are also greatly appreciated:
– Travel-size shampoo & conditioner
– Bars of soap
– Toothpaste & toothbrushes
– Feminine hygiene products
We thank you in advance for your generosity.
Please bring donations to the October membership meeting (info under the Meetings tab).
If you cannot attend the meeting, please deliver items to Mammoth Electric in Anaheim.